The Wild Pear Cafe


Hey everyone!

It’s Bella here to introduce you to one of my favourite places to eat in the Hills area; the Wild Pear Café! Aside from the food one of my favourite parts about the Wild Pear is that it’s situated inside of a quaint little nursery in Dural which means that not only do you get to enjoy beautiful food, but you get to look out onto a picturesque view. The café doesn’t look like much from the outside but its once you step inside that the magic starts to happen!


My friend (Tori) and I got there at 8am when it opened to ensure that we could get a table. It might be a hidden gem but those that have found it keep coming back for more so if you don’t book ahead or get there early its difficult to get a table, especially on weekends. We sat outside and because it was so early decided to order from the breakfast menu. Prices range on the breakfast menu from $17.90 to $23.90 so it isn’t the cheapest place to eat but one thing I will mention is that the portions were massive, you would easily be able to order one meal and share it between two people.

Tori decided on a savoury option of sweet pea falafel which had a poached egg, haloumi, half an avocado, a side salad, two slices of toast, a yoghurt with herbs and of course the falafel. I must admit once I saw Tori’s meal I was quite jealous, and we ended up swapping meals half way through. The egg was cooked perfectly, and all the flavours really worked well together, the freshness of the yoghurt combined with the slight spiciness of the falafel and the saltiness of the haloumi worked incredibly together. If I am perfectly honest I could have done without the egg and had more haloumi and falafel! Overall this dish was amazing, it was so hard to put down and it had a beautiful rustic presentation. I would give this meal a 9/10 only taking off a mark because there wasn’t enough falafel on there for me.



I originally decided on the strawberry pancakes. This meal was two pancakes topped with orange blossom curd, crushed pistachios, fresh strawberries, stewed rhubarb and double cream on the side.  I have to say the presentation of this dish was absolutely to die for! It looked like something straight out of a cook book! However, I do have to say I wasn’t in love with the flavours on this one. The pancakes were light and fluffy and perfectly cooked, but I just wasn’t loving the orange blossom flavour. Perhaps someone with a more sophisticated palette would have liked it (my friend Tori ended up loving it) but it just wasn’t for me. Overall, I would rate this dish a 7/10 as it had a great presentation and just because I didn’t like the orange blossom flavour doesn’t mean you won’t! The other elements on the dish were all incredible so I can’t criticise it too harshly!



If you find yourself not knowing where to go for breakfast or lunch and it’s a nice day out I would recommend the Wild Pear Café. It has great views; attentive staff and the food is amazing. Alright that’s it from me today but I’ll be back soon hopefully with something to satisfy your sweet tooth!

- Bella 



Comments

Popular Posts